Friday, November 21, 2008

It’s been a LONG week for Blue Moon Botanicals. Unfortunately, the main problem I wanted to tackle this week, so far has not been fully overcome; shipping methods. I have to wonder, what the best shipping methods are out there and what my customers want the most? I’m always open to suggestions.

Usually, when I shop online, I prefer to have my order shipped via UPS Ground. This way I know I will get it between 3-5 days roughly and I know about what time as well. Unfortunately, shipping UPS these days can be a costly venture for my customers! Phew! Who wants to pay the prices that come up when you can ship for the same amount of time at a fraction of the price via USPS?

Here is where my usual dilemma lies however; being an online consumer myself, I understand how important it is to those shopping to have shipping rates available on the checkout screen, usually before you check out. This way, you can decide whether or not to comparison shop. If I try to offer more than just UPS when checking out of Blue Moon Botanicals, the customer will most likely be unable to find “real time stats” as to what their shipping cost will be before checkout.

I have yet to find a solution to this problem but am working on it. I strive to offer quality products at affordable prices along with decent shipping and that extra personal touch. Now, it’s back to work on shipping…..

As always, check out the store – browse around, sip a nice cup of tea while burning your favorite incense and enjoy! www.bluemoonbotanicalsny.com

Until next time,


Blue Moon Botanicals

No comments: